Monday, July 26, 2010

Vampires and Assault on Trees

Hello Glamazons!

So I finally got some pictures back from a shoot I did quite a few weeks ago. The model is Jena Skye (http://www.modelmayhem.com/734518) and SnImages (http://www.modelmayhem.com/1653277). I was very excited to do my first graveyard photoshoot!


Dear Lord, we had so many snags in that shoot. The make-up moved, the model got frustrated, the photographer was worried, the vampire teeth were not usable, not to mention the mosquitos! OMFG! It's like I had a sign over my head that read "BUFFET". They were awful.


But luckily with the help of a few friends (Angella Dawn and Raven) and having a very upbeat photographer, we were able to get Jena back on a more happy route and we were able to come out of it with a more positive outlook on the whole thing. The pictures turned out marvelous! I am very happy! The best part was when the photographer wanted to take some pictures and it was so dark out, I just grabbed by little LED light from my purse, we took a couple of pictures and they were magic! Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic!


Then here comes the part with the tree assault. Every one but the photographer was in Angella's car. We were getting ready to head out. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang. It scared the S&%t out of all of us and we got out. We were thinking "Oh god, the photographer ran over a head stone! We are in so much crap!" then we realized that he had hit a tree. We were relieved that no one's resting place had been desecrated but the photographer had a bit of damage to the back of his truck. We all felt so bad for him. But if anything it was a lesson in doing research before the shoot.
I learned that I should know of all props that the model is going to be using, whether or not the photographer is comfortable matching skin tones in Photoshop, make sure stuff is organized. I think it was just a weird and off day for everyone and as great as the pictures turned out, I think we were all glad when it was over.

On the plus side, Angella did a wonderful job on the hair and Raven knew a lot of awesome places to shoot inside the graveyard.

I just hope we never have a repeat of that night... plus the children's graves just gave me the willies.
Until Later Glamazons!
Much love from Courtney of Glamazon Beauty!



No comments:

Post a Comment