Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Greens? Browns? Purples? Nay nay!

Hello Glamazons!

So I have done a bit of my research and have discovered that the make-up trends for the fall are horribly boring and exactly what they were in the years prior. Every year, prominent fashion magazines urge us to buy lilacs, browns, and greens going into the fall. They are not really urging anyone to be more fashion forward.


This year it is purple. Many of you might flock to your local Sephora or drug store and buy every brand of purple eyeshadow you can think of. All PURPLE, all BORING.

People said Teal was the color for the summer.... yeah, I saw NO ONE wear teal. NO ONE! And frankly, who wants to wear teal eyeshadow with a sundress? I don't call that seductive, I call it Mimi. That's just my opinion though. People might have worn teal, but that is clothing. Not make-up.



Teal can be made WAY more seductive and flattering for the fall since that is the time when the bright colors get put away and the sweaters and other comfy staples make a comeback for the upcoming freeze-a-thon. In the fall eyes can make a bolder statement since the clothing is quite subdued due to the temperatures.


Make sure you get a teal that is more of a jewel tone such as MAC Teal pigment or Haight by Urban Decay. Bright teals tend to make us go to the Mimi factor, and that is not a good place to be. This picture is Leesha aka xsparkage on youtube and she created this teal look inspired by Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin. I love it! So very pretty! If you wish to intensify the color put a colored eyeshadow base underneath such as Delft from MAC.


Don't like the all over color? Why not go for a pop of color in the eyeliner such as Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil in the color "flipside"? Also if you find the colors a little strong in this look, play it down and use the deep teal as the crease color and then pair it with neutrals! You still get a seductive hint of color without an intensity you may not be comfortable with. I will be doing some make-up hopefully for a shoot today so I will try this out and let you know how it goes!


But why stop at eyeshadow? Take teal to your nails! I am currently wearing "Fairy Teal" By Sally Hansen and it is gorgeous! It is a creamy opaque teal that definitely makes a statement without looking tacky since it is a deeper teal, not Mimi Teal.




Hopefully you found this blog insightful and even inspiring! Most of what is listed can be found at Sephora and select Shopper's Drug Marts. You don't have to buy the products listed, there is always something comparable. I just will not suggest to use something that I have never used, How can I know if something is good or bad if I have never used it?

If you ask me to find something comparible to a product I have listed, I will search my local drug stores and let you know what I come up with!

Well Glamazons, Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. I have a question! Does the eye color matter? For example does teal go with brown and green and blue eyes, as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teal can work with any eye color. It is ideal for brown eyes, but you can get a teal with more blues in it or more greens in it to suit your eye color. Plus, if your eyes are light, the dark teals will bring out the brilliance of your eyes!

    ReplyDelete